Eyre depot water

Home Forums Walking the Heysen Trail Eyre depot water

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Warwick harper 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Warwick harper
    Participant

We will be walking thru here on July 19th.
    Has anyone uptodate info on the amount of water in the tank?
    According to BOM rainfall charts this tank seems to miss the rain.
    What is the likely hood of standing water in Depot Creek
    Warwick

Julian
    Participant

Warwick,
    Checked Eyre Depot tank late last year and was full.
    They had lots of rain over summer and should be OK still.
    May like to call Andrew Smart at Wilcatana Station (08) 8642-3642 the station that Eyre Depot is on and see if he knows.
    We were slightly further north in MernMerna Creek 3 weeks ago and there was good standing water there.
    Cheers

The tank was almost empty on May 6 when I hiked past, but then we already had this conversation http://www.heysentrail.asn.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=606&accom_id=606

Let us know Warwick if you find out more recent advice.

Warwick harper
    Participant

Thank you Julian and Jez for your reply. I will ring Andrew when we go thru Quorn. We will have a 4 wd to do a water drop if necessary.
    Also the next stage of our trip will be Burra to Melrose, any info on transport between these towns?
    I will post water situation when I get home early August
    Thanks again
    warwick

Julian
    Participant

Genesis Bus Service do a twice weekly run from Adelaide to Arkaroola that should traverse Burra and Melrose.
    Their website should have info.
    Also http://www.heysentrail.asn.au/heysen_trail/transport.php on our website will give other possibilities

Warwick harper
    Participant

Thanks Julian. We start walking at Melrose on Saturday
    warwick

Brad
    Participant

Walked from Buckaringa Gorge to The Dutchman over the weekend. Tanks at Mt Arden, Mt Arden South Campsite, and Eyre Depot all had plenty of water.

Warwick harper
    Participant

We have completed the melrose Parachilna walk without problems. All tanks north of mt remarkable have adequate water. However Stoney Creek tank tap is blocked/broken. Water is flowing in creek.
    Greys Hut taps are very hard to stop leaking when turned off. This needs attention.
    Warwick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

To create or login to the forums, please visit: