Walkers are advised that some sections of the Heysen Trail have suffered damage during the recent weather events.
As a result
- Tappanappa Campground in Deep Creek Conservation Park (Heysen Trail Southern Guide Book Map 1.3 and Sheet Map 1A) and
- Kaiserstuhl Conservation Park (Southern Guide book Map 4.3 and Sheet Map 2D)
are closed until further notice. Refer to the Parks closures webpage for the latest information.
Walkers need to take care on the trail and particularly near the following locations:
- Kings Beach (near Encounter Bay) – Southern Guide Book Map 1.5 and Sheet Map 1B.
- Giles Conservation Park (near Ashton) – Southern Guide Book Map 3.4 and Sheet Map 2B.
While conditions are generally expected to improve over the next week, it may be sometime before the necessary work can be completed on these sections.
If you find any damage on the trail, please report it to the Friend’s office. To assist our Trail Development volunteers, please advise
- the location and map reference,
- describe the nature of the work required (i.e. marker post has been knocked over) and
- if possible, send a photo.