The Friends of the Heysen Trail held its 23rd AGM at the Woodville Bowling Club on Friday 26th March 2010.
A good crowd of about 50 members, including our patron, heard Simon Cameron, President, detail the achievments of 2009.
- The installation of a water tank at Eyre Depot using E2E 2 funds.
- The development of the online booking system for walks and the implementation of PayPal.
- The progress of the Heysen Friendly Towns project to include Willmington, Quorn, Hawker and Crystal Brook.
- The steady growth of the Friends to over 850 members.
- The finalisation of the George Driscoll Sea to Summit Trail map
- Support to the Lavender Federation Trail for stile building
John Wilson, Treasurer, followed Simon, outlining the excellent financial position of the Friends and flagged the potential expenditure of $50,000 on water tanks in 2010.
Jeremy Carter was awarded Life Membership for his outstanding work on the TrailWalker, the Friends website and numerous brochures and publications including the GS Sea to Summit Trail.
John Kenneally, one half of ABC 891’s Bald Brother entertained us following the meeting with a potted history and reminiscences of the Adelaide’s ABC over the past 25 years.