Northern Guidebook, chapter 1, map 6
https://www.heysentrail.asn.au (Friends of the Heysen Trail)
hut, water, multi-purpose camping platform, table, seats, sink, bunks (two rooms), fireplace, toilet
During the 1800s and 1900s the house was occupied by two generations of butchers, who had shops in either Georgetown or nearby Narridy. The slaughter house was on the rise east of the hut - hence the road name (Slaughterhouse Road). After WW1 a family of 6 children and 3 adults lived in the house. Between 1940 and 1950 the house was occupied by the Noll family, of which Wendy O'Hagan (nee Noll) now lives in Georgetown.