I had a call from John Potter this afternoon. The group are all safe and well in Port Moresby. Arrived this afternoon as scheduled – after a 4.30am rise this morning.
His comments –
• A much drier track than for the previous group.
• Found it tough yet a great experience. Enjoyed it greatly.
• Kevin Liddiard said it was toughest thing he’s ever done.
• Were 6 "girls" and 8 "boys" in the group.
• Leader was a younger lady whom John took a shine too. (at least it sounded that way)
• Good socialising with card playing at night.
• Had v little rain – no coats needed while walking.
• John took 300 photos.
And of course – Simon played bagpipes on a number of occasions.