Do you know someone who warrants Honorary Membership of the Friends?
Have they made an outstanding contribution to the Friends or to the Heysen Trail?
Now is the time for you to make sure their efforts are recognised.
You can nominate them for Honorary Membership of the Friends of the Heysen Trail & Other Walking Trails Inc.
Please email your nominations to Julian Monfries, Chair, Honorary Membership sub-committee of the Council.
In your nomination please include the following information:
- The name of your nominee,
- The classification of the award you are nominating them for,
- A summary of their contribution to the Trail or the Friends and how they qualify for the award,
- Your name and contact information
The sub-committee will consider all submissions and then make recommendations to Council. Succesful candidates will be presented to the full membership at the next Annual General Meeting to be held on 23rd March 2018.
Please submit your nominations by the end of January, 2018.
Guidelines for Honorary Membership (Distinguished Service)
- normally at least 10 years of paid membership as an ordinary, Family or life member;
- at least 6 years of substantial voluntary contributions to the Association,
- Including especially one or more of:
- Membership of Council
- Chair of the various sub-committees
- Regular Walker Leadership roles
- Maintenance Section Leader or Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
Guidelines for Honorary Membership (Exceptional)
Substantial and sustained contribution to promotion, development and/or maintenance of the Heysen Trail, or the Association other than as a paid member or volunteer though, for example, public service support, media support etc.