Much of the Heysen Trail infrastructure is now 30 years old.
The Friends Trail Development Committee have plans for many upgrades to both the trail and walker facilities. These plans include –
- Trail remarking and track work – a 3 year project commenced this year.
- Camp site facilities – toilets, water tanks and benches are planned for more sites.
- Hut upgrades to include benches, seats, painting etc.
- New huts are being considered at White Park; Simmons Hill; Cuddlee Creek and a Freemans hut replacement.
- Rebuilding the Waitpinga Beach sand ladder.
You can help
We need help to get these projects moving, both in the field and at our Cobbler Creek shed.
- Waitpinga Beach walkway: We need a team to urgently undertake work on the sand ladder. The existing structure is in a dilapidated condition.
- Cobbler Creek shed, Salisbury East. Urgent work is required to produce items needed for the campsites and huts. We propose to initially open the shed once a month, on a Tuesday from 9 am to 3 pm, for this work.
We would love to hear from anyone with time available and an interest in the trail to HELP us.
Contact us to discuss how you can help.
The trail needs us, please help.