You can find instructions for downloading the updated file onto your GPS unit on the Maps & GPS page.
The following re-routes and updates have been added:
- Mapsheet 1A – Reroute around Tapanappa Campsite for the Wild South Coast Way
- Mapsheet 1A-1B – The Wild South Coast Way spur trail from Kings Beach to Victor Harbor
- Mapsheet 1C – Reroute at Robinson Hill/Jaggers Block, September 2022
- Mapsheet 1D – Reroute at Kyeema – exit off Woodgate Hill Rd, December 2022
- Mapsheet 1D and 2A – Reroute at Chookarloo Campground, Kuitpo Forest, January 2023
- Mapsheet 1D and 2A – Alternate Route at Knott Hill Plantation (Kuitpo Forest), April 2023
- Mapsheet 2D – Reroute at Old School House, Mt Crawford Forest, July 2023
- Mapsheet 4B – Realignment of the trail east of Mt Bryan, September 2022
- Mapsheet 8C – Yuluna realignment, Ikara Flinders Ranges National Park, April 2023
Please note the the revised gpx file does not include temporary reroutes such as :
- Those frequently established around Forestry SA logging operations in the Kuitpo and Mt Crawford Forest reserves (Mapsheets 1D, 2A & 2D)
- The Maryvale reroute, south of Hamilton (Mapsheet 3B)
- The Goyder Windfarm reroute, east of Huppatz Hut (Mapsheet 3D
Walkers are advised to check the Heysen Trail Reroutes page before setting out on any walk to make sure you are aware of any recent trail changes.
The reroutes have also had a very minor impact on the Heysen Trail Distances.