Kokoda – The Return has been cancelled due to lack of participants.
Nevertheless, I plan to undertake the trek in June as part of one of BackTrack’s Team groups.
I would welcome others to join me and I can be contacted through the Friends office.
We are planning another Kokoda Trek in 2010
Twilight walk was CANCELLED on 19th Nov
Well I never â Heysen Trail has international recognition –
Adventure Journey â The Extreme Travelerâs Handbook â picks 7 treksâ¦
7) Heysen Trail – Cape Jervis to the Parachilna Gorge, South Australia
6) Pacific Northwest Trail – Cape Alava, WA to Glacier National Park
5) Tarifa, Spain to the border of Switzerland
4) Nouakchott, Mauritania to Timbukto, Mali
3) San Carlos de Bariloche to Rio Gallegos, Argentina
2) Jammu > Srinagar > Leh > Shimla, India
1) North-south full traverse of Madagascar
A 1.6km section of the Heysen Trail has been upgraded at a cost of $90,000. The area near King Head provides easier access to the long expanse of spectacular coastal cliffs between King Head and Waitpinga Beach.
View Advertiser article from Wednesday, 12th November, 2008 (page 31).
When the specific route infomation is made available, a map of the re-route will be added to the re-routes page.
The Heysen Trail passes through 4 Fire Ban Districts, as detailed below (and on http://www.heysentrail.asn.au/
heysen_trail/fire_danger_season.htm). Most sections of the trail are closed during the Fire Ban Season.
1. Mount Lofty Ranges – brought forward to 15 Nov 08 (normally 1 Dec)
2. Adelaide Metropolitan – brought forward to 15 Nov 08 (normally 1 Dec)
3. Mid North – 15 Nov 08
4. Flinders – 1 Nov 08
CFS Fire Danger Season web url: www.cfs.org.au