A multi-gallery art project celebrating the Heysen Trail will be celebrated in the inaugural Heysen Trail Exhibition from February 2010 â a fascinating new type of art exhibition held in multiple venues across South Australia, drawing international attention to the landscape, local artists and their dynamic artworks in
Locations that will exhibit works (in order of opening dates) are:
1. Hilton Adelaide, 233 Victoria Square, Adelaide, on Thursday February 18 at 6pm, opened by Dr Jane Lomax-Smith, South Australiaâs Minister for Tourism. This exhibition will run until June 15;
2. The Prairie Hotel, Parachilna, on Friday February 19 at 6pm, opened by Russell Starke, director of Greenhill Galleries. This exhibition will run until March 22;
3. Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery, 3 Mary Elie St, Port Pirie on Saturday February 20 at 2pm, opened by Brenton Vanstone, Mayor of Port Pirie. This exhibition will run until March 14;
4. Penny’s Hill Winery, Main Rd, McLaren Vale[/b:7c12d22845″, Saturday February 20 at 2pm, opened by Simon Cameron, Chairman of The Friends of The Heysen Trail. This exhibition will run until May 19;
5. Greenhill Galleries Adelaide, 140 Barton Tce West, North Adelaide on Sunday, February 21 at 11am, opened by Dr Peter Heysen, the grandson of Sir Hans Heysen. This exhibition will run until March 16;
6. The new Fleurieu Cultural Centre (formerly Signal Point), Liverpool St, Goolwa on Sunday, February 21 at 3pm, opened by Alex Reid, Executive Director of Arts SA. This exhibition will run until April 6.
View further details of the art exhibition.