The Friends of the Heysen Trail is disappointed to announce an extension to the cancellation of planned activities beyond 31 May 2020.
Sadly, in light of ongoing public health requirements, the Friends Council and Executive has made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel all the following activities:
- End to End Walk Program for 2020;
- Group walks using buses: Lavender/Willunga Basin/Yurrebilla/Yorke Peninsula; and
- Except that the October South Coast Walk will be reviewed mid-year.
- Trailstarter/Trailwalker program.
- Trail Development infrastructure projects;
- Section Leader Trail Maintenance; and
- Friends Shed work.
- Remain closed until further notice;
- Online shop will cease for map and book sales;
- Membership Subscriptions and Renewals will continue to be processed.
- Production of pdf only version will continue until restrictions are removed.
We share the frustration and regret that walks and trail work plans had to be adjusted.
Depending on progress around the current public health risks and any announced reduction in community isolation practices, the Friends may be able to revive some of our local Trailstarter/Trailwalker and/or trail development work later in the year. The website will be updated if that occurs.